First You February
Happy February! I hope I will be seeing you in my monthly fit club this month, but if not, what is holding you back?
While the focus of my monthly challenges might seem all fitness related, there are so many more resources shared to help anyone, at any level, with any goal! This month is all about self-love; we will have a daily prompt and assignment for you to think about how you care for yourself and, hopefully, day by day, see how important and deserving you really are. In addition to the daily motivation + inspiration, you also get:
❤️ access to 75 virtual fitness programs,
❤️ 21 NEW meditation videos,
❤️ four weeks of meal plans and grocery lists,
❤️ an accountability coach (me!) and community to hold you to your goals,
And so much more fun sprinkled in throughout our days together!
I am an open-book for questions and would love to share more details specific to you, your schedule, needs and goals! February is the SHORTEST month of the year, but it doesn’t have to be the month with the shortest progress. What are you waiting for?
I said this month is about self-love and putting YOU first. So often we are the very last thing we give attention to and I am ready to change all that.
Let’s talk about our cell phones. Or a tablet, laptop, whatever device you rely on to function each day. We use these things all day, everyday to work, play, connect - you name it! And at some point, everyday we CHARGE our devices. Each day, in small increments as needed or in one, big hour long recharge; we charge our devices. We have to, right?!
You make sure your phone is charged and ready to be relied on every day. But what about YOU? Your family, friends, job, community, side hustle all rely on you to function. And when you’re running on 1% with no plan for charging in sight, they suffer, but you suffer most. Say it with me: ME FIRST.
How can we do this? First, we will start small. I want you to take out your phone and set a timer for a fifteen minute break in your day. Maybe you will wake up 15 minutes earlier or stretch that bathroom break an extra ten, but this is your “YOU FIRST” time for today.
I would love to know - when will you fit in your YOU FIRST time in the next day. What can you do to recharge for 15 minutes?
I’ve got another delicious recipe for you this month! Let me know if you try these Avocado Brownies (and see if your fam can guess the secret ingredient!)
- ½ cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 dash sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a 9x12 baking dish with parchment paper, with paper coming up the sides of the dish. Coat with cooking spray + set aside.
2. Whisk together flour + cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Place a double boiler over low heat with water 1-inch deep in the bottom. Add the chocolate and coconut oil to the top of the double boiler and stir occasionally until melted. Set aside.
4. Place the avocado, maple syrup, eggs, extract, and salt in the blender; cover and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
5. Stir melted chocolate into avocado mixture. Fold in flour mixture, adding ⅓ of the mixture at a time, until fully combined.
6. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until firm on top. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the baking dish.
Cut into 12 pieces and serve right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days!
This recipe makes 12 servings.
If you follow our amazing portion container plan, this recipe is 2 Yellow and 1 Blue. If you’re a 2B tracker, this recipe makes a great occasional treat. Be sure to track it!
Next week, I am hosting a Coach Sneak Peek! Basically, it’s a free look into coaching… and YOU get an invite! You will get to see first hand what being a coach is all about - supporting you, answering questions, providing resources, having fun! But what else do we do? And could it be right… for YOU?!
If you have ever had any curiosity about the coaching side of things - what we do, how we make money, what training is provided, what it’s like to be on our team - then join us next week! There’s no obligation, just information!
Leave a Reply.
Just a wife, mom and teacher sharing her fitness journey with the world!