You’re invited to the Healthy Little Holiday Fit Club! This season is all about JOY, and I am so excited to invite you to join us as we celebrate our body’s health together🎄Are you ready for the most wonderful time of the year?
Here are some holiday themes I’m excited to share this month!
🕮 Christmas Cheer Starts Within - weekly personal development + mental health challenges
🥤 The Most Wonderful Shake of the Year - my favorite holiday shake recipes
❤️ ‘Tis the Season to be Kind - a weekly kindness challenge
🍪 Cookies for Santa - healthier cookies recipes
What day are you most excited about this month?! If you need a little extra support this holiday season, this is the group for you! No need to put your health on hold until January. Let’s work together now!
What is personal development?
It’s the daily commitment to reading or listening to content that uplifts and builds up an area of your life. My goal is 10 pages or 10 minutes a day, and I have some favorite titles to recommend if you need one (just ask! 📚) In addition to my 10 minutes a day, I’m also going to post a daily personal development activity for you to try in your practice this week.
Give it a try! Start by reading or listening to 10 minutes of personal development + then sit in a quiet place and practice deep breathing for 1 minute. Repeat every day this week and let me know how you feel!
It’s time to upgrade your cookie recipes this season! Let’s be real - Santa deserves the best, cleanest ingredients, too… but they have to taste GOOD, right?!
First up, here’s a remix of the traditional sugar cookie recipe, without the heaps of white sugar, butter, and wheat flour. They have only 7 ingredients and are super easy to make!
Vegan Sugar Cookies
Servings: 12 cookies
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup almond flour, sift after measuring
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan Salt)
1 dash baking soda
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp. extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tsp. unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
2. Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine maple syrup, oil, and extract in a small bowl; mix well.
4. Add maple syrup mixture to almond flour mixture. Add milk slowly; mix to break up clumps of dough. Form dough into a ball with clean hands. Place on parchment paper. Roll into a 7-inch long log. Freeze for 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm. Cut the log into twelve slices. Spread slices out on a prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
6. Cool for 10 minutes on a baking sheet. Loosen with metal spatula, remove from sheets and cool completely on a wire rack (or on parchment paper).
Container Equivalents: ½ Yellow, ½ Blue
2B Mindset Plate It! Enjoy as an occasional treat. Be sure to track it.
I’d love to know - how do you decorate your sugar cookies to make them your own?
Just a wife, mom and teacher sharing her fitness journey with the world!