Welcome to 2023, friend! If you want to make 2023 different, I have the best resource for you - becoming a part of my virtual fit gym and joining our This Is My Year Virtual Fit club!
I started prepping this past week, and want to make this bootcamp the best collection of resources, support, and community to help you feel successful from Day 1 this year. NOT through big, scary changes, tons of routine switch-ups, or throwing away all the food currently in your home. This Is My Year Virtual Fit Club is about learning about the benefits of working out, the foods that will fuel your success, and the best daily practices for your mental + physical health in small, daily check-ins. Then you can make the changes you want to make… one step at a time!
My goal this month is to take health + wellness back to basics, and give you a place to show up, receive support, and make strides toward the BEST year in 2023!
Here are some daily check-in themes to get excited about!
🌟 Sleep Care & Share - weekly tips to prioritize + improve sleep,
🌟 Give It Up To Gratitude - weekly gratitude prompts,
🌟 Steps to be Strong - highlight the benefits of strength training,
🌟 Give It a Whirl - new recipes to build into your 2023!
Make this year different.
Make this year… YOUR year!
Do you use weights in your workouts?
One huge benefit of adding strength training into your weekly workout rotation is improved sleep. According to the Sleep Foundation, building muscle and strength training can “improve the quality of sleep, and it can also help you fall asleep faster and wake up less frequently throughout the night.” (And if you struggle with sleep, DM me or reply here today! This is a topic I’m going to be talking about A LOT in my January Virtual Fit Club!)
Better sleep leads to better overall wellness benefits as you tackle your workout today! These benefits include lowered risk of diseases, improved mood, and weight management. Aka ALL the things, right? I like to aim to add weights to my workouts 3-5x per week, but that’s just my journey! How many days a week do you do a weighted workout?
Did you know that my virtual fit club includes access to a full recipe library? AND, that that library gets updated with new recipes… every week?!
Here is a new whirl on a dessert that I can not wait to try - it’s Dreamy, Creamy Chocolate Pie!
Dreamy Creamy Chocolate Pie
6 pitted dates
⅓ cup dry rolled oats
⅓ cup unsalted pistachios
2 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup + 1 Tbsp.Chocolate Shakeology
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 Tbsp. liquid stevia
½ cup sliced strawberries
2 Tbsp. chopped cacao nibs
1. To make the crust, add dates, oats, and pistachios to a food processor; pulse until well combined. Texture will be crumbly but should hold together when pinched. Use fingertips to press mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan; set aside.
2. To make filling, add yogurt, Shakeology, cornstarch, stevia, and salt to a food processor; blend on high, scraping down sides once, for 2 minutes, or until super-smooth.
3. Spread yogurt mixture over crust. Press strawberries into top; sprinkle with cacao nibs.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or up to overnight.
5. To serve, run hot water over a butter knife; slide the butter knife around the edge of the springform pan to release the pie. Release springform ring; slice pie into 4 equal pieces. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
What is a nutrition goal you have for 2023? I’d love to hear all about it!
Just a wife, mom and teacher sharing her fitness journey with the world!