Happy March, everyone! Spring is in the air and it is time to check in on our New Year goals, reset our mindsets and plan for all the fresh and new around the corner.
Yes, our workout library is jam-packed with programs designed to fit your goals! But this is just ONE piece of our health and wellness journey. This month is all about giving yourself a Mindset Makeover; daily, actionable steps to help you open up, reconnect and find all the belief you need to be the incredible person you are capable of being. In addition to the daily accountability + inspiration, you also get:
🌱 access to 75 virtual fitness programs,
🌱 21 NEW meditation videos,
🌱 four weeks of meal plans and grocery lists,
🌱 31 daily mindset prompts and assignments to respond to, together!
What is holding you back from joining us? I am here to share the information I have, listen to your goals, and answer any questions you have. We all deserve to feel, look and BELIEVE IN our best selves. Let’s get there together this March.
Let’s take an extra 5 minutes for ourselves … we can all spare 5 minutes, right? And as we go into this, remember - taking time for YOU isn’t selfish; it’s self-care.
Let’s talk about meditation … because there are so many science-based benefits to incorporating meditation into your daily routine! I think a lot of people feel like they can’t meditate because their mind wanders or they can’t imagine sitting in silence for an hour. But my mind wanders too and I definitely can’t do 60 minutes of complete silence.
Last year, there were some incredible guided meditations added to our Netflix of workouts and if you feel like you can’t meditate or you want to switch up your current routine, I definitely recommend checking them out! Here are 3 of my favorite meditations that are 5 minutes or less 🧘
1. Breathing and Meditation from Tai Cheng (4 minutes)
2. 16 Seconds to Calm from Relaxation & Meditation (3 minutes)
3. I AM Meditation Series from Barre Blend (4 minutes)
If you are a part of my virtual fit club, look up these titles and press play on one of these meditations today! Which did you pick? How did you feel?
If you are not a part of our fit community, let’s chat today to get your workout access set up!
Spaghetti squash is another one of those ingredients that can become so many things … but it’s usually a pasta dish. Well, we’re going to transform this stringy vegetable into a delicious pizza 🍕 You can get crazy with your pizza toppings once you’ve mastered this Spaghetti Squash Pizza recipe! Would you try this? Let me know if you do!
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (approximately 1 small squash)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup all-natural marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh arugula
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
2. Using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels, squeeze as much water as possible from spaghetti squash and place it in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add egg, Parmesan cheese, and oregano to squash. Mix well.
4. Place the squash mixture in the center of the prepared baking sheet; use damp hands to press into a thin circular shape, about ¼-inch thick and 10 inches across. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is dry and edges begin to brown. Remove from the oven.
5. Spread the marinara sauce in an even layer on baked crust; top evenly with mozzarella cheese, chicken, and onion. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onion softens slightly and the cheese melts.
6. Top with basil; cut in half. Divide evenly between two plates; serve each with 1 cup arugula as a side salad or additional pizza topping.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Portion Fix Containers: 2 ½ green, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 orange
2B Mindset Plate It: This recipe makes a great dinner option!
Just a wife, mom and teacher sharing her fitness journey with the world!